Sunday, February 10, 2008

Art Journal #1

Normally, I would post my art to my Deviantart account, but since the babysitting software we have on the family computer has been acting up and telling me that posting my art is apparently an R-rated thing to do, I'm going to start posting my art here until either the software gets over itself or I head off to college, where they will have their own babysitting software that will allow me to publish my art to my page.

I don't have anything miraculous to post here - just a few things I've sketched up in my art TA period over the past couple weeks:

Just in time for Valentine's Day XD Just a quick picture of Tezuka-buchou and Ryoma together. I didn't put a whole lot of thought into how this one would turn out, so this is the way it went. I probably could have had something much better if I had simply taken the time to think it out. But I like how this turned out. I got their relative sizes pretty well, and I've always prided myself on character interaction.

I think Tezuka-buchou's face and shirt are my favourite part of this pic, though.


Again, nothing too special. This picture probably took me all of five minutes to do... pretty good for that amount of time. Just a picture showing the outfit Ryoma was wearing in the first picture. Sadly, Ryoma's young enough (and pretty enough) that I think he could probably get away with wearing something like this. Not that he would of his own free will. Just that he could get away with it.


As for this one... well... yeah, it didn't turn out too well. This one was more just something for me to do as I figured out what I was going to do with the hour-and-a-half of free time on my A-days. As you can probably tell, I didn't do a whole lot of cleaning-up on the image, just because it really wasn't a major piece that I was planning out. It was supposed to be Fuji, but it didn't quite turn out that way... I love his expression though. I think I'm getting better at facial topography and portraying emotions through the face.


So, there's what I have so far. That I've been able to find, anyhow. As I clean out my room in the next few weeks I'll probably find more to post. I should probably work a little bit more on my original art, but fanart is so much easier and so much more fun. Also, after getting music from Shiraishi-buchou's "BEST OF" CD I've had the urge to draw a lot of him. O_oU Even though he'll probably prove to be an impossible character to draw.

That's it for now!



Listening to: "BIBLE" by Hosoya Yoshimasa as Shiraishi Kuranosuke
Eating: Granola
Reading: My government textbook. Yawn.
Watching: Nothing, for once in my life.
Wanting: Some Master Cleanse lemonade. Strangely. O_oU

2 comments:

kailover said...

Yays!!! I love your art work. lol, poor little Ryoma shorty. I think it's a nice break to just post some pics on here instead of just DA. Hurray for 'what Hanna did in art today' pics. XD

yusahana6323 said...

It's always nice to post crappy pictures somewhere where noone will ever find them... >_> <_<