Friday, May 30, 2008

Translation - DRESS -bloody trinity mix-

This is actually what I did as I was sitting in the Las Vegas airport on my way home spring break. People were staring at my laptop as if they'd never seen one before. Sheesh. Anyway.

This is the opening song to Trinity Blood, one of my favourite anime. The tone and lyrics fit the mood and content of the anime quite well, even though at first glance they may seem a little strange. Just watching the opening song is more than enough to give you a feel for what you'll experience during viewing, which is much unlike most anime opening songs.

Credit goes to BUCK-TICK for the song. Please enjoy. : )


ドレス 『bloody trinity mix』
DRESS -bloody trinity mix-

鏡の前で君とまどろむ薄紅の指先
その手は不意に弱さを見せて
唇を塞いだ

kagami no mae de kimi to madoromu usubeni no yubisaki
sono te wa fui ni yowasa wo misete
kuchibiru wo fusaida


I doze in front of the mirror with you, with rouge fingertips
Unexpectedly, that hand showed weakness
And you closed your lips




あの日君と約束を交わした
今は二人思い出せずに。。。

ano hi kimi to yakusoku wo kawashita
ima wa futari omoidasezu ni...


That day, I exchanged promises with you
And now we can't remember it...




退屈な歌に耳を傾け
窓の外見つめる
僕はDRESSを纏踊って見せよう
狂ってる会教えて

taikutsu na uta ni mimi wo katamuke mado no soto mitsumeru
boku wa DRESS wo matori odotte miseyou
kurutterukai? oshiete


I hum a boring tune as I gaze out the window
Let me put on a dress and dance for you

Am I insane? Please tell me




いつかかぜにさらわれてゆくだろう
今は二人想い出せず Oh。。。

itsuka kaze ni sarawarete yuku darou
ima wa futari omoidasezu Oh...


Someday, the wind will carry me away

And now we can't remember it Oh...




僕はなぜ風のように雲のようにあの空へと浮かぶ羽がない? なぜ。。。
星のように月のように全て包むあの夜へと沈む羽がない? ああ。。。

Boku wa naze kaze no you ni kumo no you ni sora he to ukabu hane ga nai? Naze...
Hoshi no you ni, tsuki no you ni, subete tsutsumu ano yoru he to shizumu hane ga nai? Aa...

Why don't I have wings to fly in that sky, like the wind, like the clouds? Why...
Why don't I have wings to sink into that all-enveloping night, like the stars, like the moon? Aah...




忘れないで愛溢れたあの日々
君の顔も思い出せずに

wasurenai de ai afureta ano hibi
kimi no kao mo omoidasezu ni


Don't forget the love that overflowed on that day
I can't even remember your face




いつか風に書き消されてゆくだろう
いまは二人思い出せず Oh。。。

itsuka kaze ni kaki kesarete yuku darou
ima wa futari omoidasezu Oh...


Someday, the wind will erase what was written
And now, we can't remember it Oh...



僕はなぜ風のように雲のようにあの空へと浮かぶ羽がない? なぜ。。。
星のように月のように全て包むあの夜へと沈む羽がない? ああ。。。

Boku wa naze kaze no you ni kumo no you ni sora he to ukabu hane ga nai? Naze...
Hoshi no you ni, tsuki no you ni subete tsutsumu ano yoru he to shizumu hane ga nai? Aa...


Why don't I have wings to fly in that sky, like the wind, like the clouds? Why...
Why don't I have wings to sink into that all-encompassing night, like the stars, like the moon? Aah...



僕はなぜ風のように雲のようにあの空へと浮かぶ羽がない? なぜ。。。
この愛もこの傷も懐かしい今は愛しくて痛み出す。。。ああ。。。

Boku wa naze kaze no you ni, kumo no you ni ano sora he to ukabu hane ga nai? Naze
kono ai mo kono kizu mo natsukashii ima wa itoshikute itamidasu Aah...


Why don't I have wings to fly in that sky, like the wind, like the clouds? Why...
This love, and this wound, are now something beloved. They begin to ache... Aah...

No comments: