Friday, May 23, 2008

Birthday presents, birthday thoughts

Death Note was a blast. Although it is very intense, very psychological, there were so many humourous scenes it was almost difficult to take it seriously. At least, on my end. Most of the humour revolved around the frightening Ryuk. In fact, when my friend, who has had no Death Note experience whatsoever, saw Ryuk, she whispered to me, "Now I'll have nightmares." I replied that within the hour, she would wonder why she ever said so.

I think it was about the time Ryuk started banging his head against the ceiling screaming, "I just want some apples!!" she realized how true this was. Now, if only we hadn't had the otaku jerks sitting behind us, I think the movie would have been much better. But that's just my opinion.

It's weird to think that I'm an adult now. I can vote, I can buy dry ice, I can get married, I can move out, I can go to jail. I don't feel like an adult at all. I don't want to take care of myself. Maybe I'll get over it.

My birthday's a little spread out this year, since my family and I don't live together. I think in total, it'll last about five days, if you count from when I got my first present to when I'll probably get my last one. I've gotten, so far:

-A gift card to Subway
-A Death Note L t-shirt and bookmark
-$100 for the buying of a tennis racket and other necessaries
-Two shirts, a pair of jeans, and new shoes
-"England's Thousand Best Churches", a book about... well, England's thousand best churches
-Dinner at the Happy Sumo
-Ice cream at Cold Stone
-Contract for my apartment!!! Yes!!!
-... random Finnish souvenir paraphernalia? XD I won't get that for awhile, but...

Oh goodness. Best birthday ever.

No comments: