Saturday, March 8, 2008

Koishite Kimeru, but...

Before I get to the main topic of this post, I want to say that getting prepared to move is a pain in the butt. I'm not even moving for almost three weeks, but I do spend a lot of time and energy trying to figure out what I'm taking with me, and where the heck I'm going to put it. I have a loooot of stuff.

I think what I'll do is, once I get my laptop, go over and take pictures of the room that shall be mine. That way, maybe I can figure out just how much space I have to work with.

With that said, I move onto what I originally wrote this blog for... since it is my blog and I can bloody well say whatever I want on it. Following the policies, of course. :P

I got Kimeru's newest CD yesterday. To be honest, from looking at the cover, I was a little anxious that I wouldn't like the music (which is rather prejudiced of me, but honestly... what the heck is he wearing?) but, remembering that Kimeru almost always dresses somewhat tackily, I decided I would let the music decide whether or not it was a good CD.


I must pause to get something straight before I carry on. I love Kimeru. Really, I do. If there was ever a man I could love without ever having met him - after the prophet and apostles, of course - it would be Kimeru. The man is cute. That's right, cute. If I had to choose one person from Japan that is the embodiment of "charming", it would be this man. I absolutely adore Kimeru.

Now, having put that straight, I carry on.

This was, hands-down, my least favourite CD he's ever done.

It's not his fault, maybe. I think his voice is just as amazing as ever. But I definitely don't like the music, or the way his voice is used, in either of the two songs. I was hoping maybe the more I listened to the song, the more I would like it, but so far this hasn't been the case. I think I've listened to it at least a dozen times now, and I still have the urge to tear out my earbuds when I hear him sing 「恋してKimeruぜ今夜」... which is quite often. I like the second track even less than the first one. I've no idea why they continue to use the phrase "electric boy" either.

To top it all, after watching the music video for 恋してKimeru! I wanted to jump off a cliff to spare myself.

Soooo, koishite Kimeru (haha) but I think you need to go back to writing your own music. I miss those days, just three years ago. Asakura Daisuke-san would be an acceptable alternative as well.

I think classic Kimeru is Kimeru at his best.

1 comment:

kailover said...

I definitely agree, I haven't heard much of Kimeru's music but I definitely didn't like any of his on this CD, well, some kind of were okay, but not many. XD