Monday, January 7, 2008

New Year, Busy Year

That’s right. Here’s the outline of the way things will be going this year:

April: Take 4 AP tests. That's right. Count 'em. FOUR.
May: Turn 18, graduate from high school. Yaaaaaay.
June: Take a summer Japanese college class until the middle of August....maybe. Apply to go to Japan to take their international student exam. Getting a visa sometime around here to be able to go take that exam would be helpful too.
August: Write to two Japanese universities – one in Tokyo, one in Osaka – to get materials for applications.
September: Start university here while getting applications for the Japanese unis.
November: Fly to Japan to take the international student exams.
December: Receive scores from the Japanese exams, and send in applications for the universities.

Yes, that’s what I have to look forward to for the next year. Not to mention, in March of 2009 I’ll have to go back out to Japan to take entrance exams to the Tokyo university, unless I decide that I’d rather go to Osaka and just ditch the idea of Tokyo (which won’t happen, I’m pretty sure). If I get the word I’ve been accepted to Osaka (at the very least), I’ll have to get my student visa quickly, pack up, and be off before school starts in April.




Hurray for increasing the workload.



Listening to: "You got game?" by Kimeru
Eating: Nothing... just getting psyched up for what's to come
Reading: Heart of Darkness, by Joseph Conrad (to be honest, getting a little tired of it)
Watching: Prince of Tennis ep. 25 - The Strongest Man in Seigaku, Part I

No comments: