Friday, January 11, 2008

Master Cleanse

Yes, I have started on the health phenomenon known as the Master Cleanse. It is supposed to be a healthy, natural way to clean out your digestive system, lose weight, and gain energy. So, I am giving it a try. I'm aiming for ten days, which will mean I start rehabilitating from the cleanse on Sunday the 20th. I'm just going to keep a compilation blog on it with this post, updating every day or so.

So, let's see... this all started on

Wednesday, January 9th
Nothing too special happened. Just went to school, drinking my "lemonade" as usual. The biggest test of the first few days appeared though - work. I work at a pizza place, and my boss seemed to think it would be funny to put me on landing, where I take the freshly-baked pizza out of the oven, cut it, and box it, as well as on bread and side dishes. So I did so, working like that for five hours. Ouch. But I didn't eat anything, so I went home proud of myself.

Thursday, January 10th
Proof that the world is out to get me. First period, my biology teacher brought ice cream for the class. Second period, we watched a movie on how ice cream and pizza is made. ... okay. Went over to my friend's for lunch period so I wouldn't be lonely at school. She had barbeque pork sandwiches. At this point, I had to comment that if I went into third period and the seminary was offering doughnuts, I would just have to run away. Best of all, my mother sent me to the store to stock up on ingredients for the cleanse for the next few days, so I'm wandering around through the bakery, deli, dairy, freezer sections full of food carrying nothing but lemons and maple syrup.

Dropped 3 lbs. between Wednesday night and Thursday night.

Friday, January 11th
Yet another uneventful day, except for the fact there was no school. Sadly, this made it hard for me, since everyone decided to start baking/cooking stuff - French toast, pancakes, biscuits, etc. I spent most of the day down in my basement watching TV, or cleaning my room, in order to avoid the good-smellingness of the house. My friend came over a bit later, so that was helpful for the few hours we were together. After going over to her house for a few rounds of Dance Dance Revolution, I came home and started watching a new anime, "Loveless", which distracted me for the last few hours of the day.

Dropped 2 lbs. between Thursday night and Friday night.

Saturday, January 12th
Pretty uneventful too, though at this point I feel like I'm living in some alternate reality. Now it's too late to turn back - I can't eat anything now, definitely, or it will make me sick. So work went by in that kind of dreamlike state, with me staring at the food, only wishing I could eat.

My sensory functions are now misfunctioning. My lemonade tastes like apple cider, and whilst at work, when I got a whiff of melted cheese I tasted chocolate in my mouth.

Yes. Only five more days of it.

Sundary, January 13th
This has got to have been the worst day, bar-none. Though nothing really happened in the morning, my dad made some amazing-smelling beef stew with rolls. I simply sat in the family room watching Loveless and trying to ignore the scent as my family ate their dinner.

I love stew. It's got to be one of my most favourite foods.

Afterwards, we went to my grandparents' house for my uncle's birthday party. They had a lovely-looking double-decker chocolate cake. ... Again, I sat in the opposite room trying to ignore everyone eating the cake.

I start "rehabilitation" on Saturday. Until then, I must hold strong. Somehow. Then I may once again enjoy the pleasure of eating.

Monday, January 14th
At this point, I feel like nothing eventful will be happening for the rest of the ten days. My body has become used to this cleanse, so I'm either hungry or not hungry, which is a signal to me if I should drink or not. I have attained a dreamlike state... that "alternate reality" I spoke of earlier that's getting more and more detached from everyday life. I just go through my day, not thinking very much about what's going on around me. I'm kind of in my own little world, watching other people from a different perspective, rather than my own two eyes.

Yeah, that's how the day pretty much went.

Tuesday, January 15th
Today I have been more tired than all the other days put together. I've hardly been able to keep awake. The new semester started yesterday, which means I've some new classes, including a new AP class. That one was probably hardest to keep awake in, but it should be interesting. By the time I graduate I have the responsibility of being a knowledgeable citizen, able to vote according to what I think and believe.

... yeah, too bad I'll be out of the country for voting day.

Anyway, so school went by very slowly. I wish I could have slept in... but that's tomorrow. Tomorrow morning at six, I'll have officially been on the Master Cleanse for seven days.

Oh yeah, I must mention... as of right now I've lost at least 10 lbs and around 3 inches off my waist on the cleanse. Pretty good for seven days, if you ask me.

Though it has come with a price, after all.

Listening to: "Wasurenaikara" by Gackt
Eating: "Lemonade". If you can call it "eating"
Reading: Going back through my volumes of Godchild in preparation for the last one
Watching: Random Prince of Tennis episodes. Determination conquers all. This I must remember.
Wanting: Sonic Riders:Zero Gravity. Loved the first one, must have the sequel.

No comments: