Sunday, December 30, 2007

No Knife-Play, Children + Last Mad Uni-Application Rush!

Yes, children. Playing with knives is bad.

Not that I did play with knives, just that I probably didn't handle one responsibly. The result? Me cutting off the side of my finger with a bread knife, about half an inch long by three-quarters of an inch tall. The bleeding was pretty bad, but it almost stopped by ten that evening, so all in all it wasn't too bad an injury. Had it been worse, I really would have been in a fix. All I have to do now is keep it protected, keep it clean, not use it, and wait for it to heal. If I'm lucky, it'll only be a couple of months.

Though, to be honest, typing with only nine fingers is a pain.

Aside from that, I'm just on my last university application leg - the scholarships. Now, I've not really a chance of getting a scholarship, but I'm going to try for it anyway. It would be sooo nice to not have to worry about paying the full tuition. I wouldn't mind even a half-tuition scholarship, so long as I don't pay the full thing. It would be especially helpful since I'm planning on applying to Tokyo and Osaka for university as well, so the less I have to pay, the more I have for Japan.

I hate writing essays though, more so when I'm only given a 300-word limit. My biggest temptation is just to write, "Since I don't have enough space to truly fulfill the expectation..." but I refrain myself. I will write good essays, with the help of my amazingly smart father, and hopefully, hopefully, get a scholarship.

Speaking of university, that reminds me... I need to be getting a laptop sometime soon. Save my pennies, I must. No more entertainment budget for me until that's bought.

So now I must away, to treat my wound. I can hardly wait to go back to my swords classes and be lectured. "How can you cut your finger that badly when you're a bluebelt in gumdo?!" they shall demand.

Really... let me practice with a serrated sword the size of a bread knife and maybe that accident won't happen.

Listening to: "Koi no Gekidasa -Ecstasy-" by Tachikiritai
Eating: Gingerbread men
Reading: Godchild vol. 7, by Yuki Kaori
Watching: Prince of Tennis ep. 9 - The Hard Day

No comments: