Wednesday, January 23, 2008

After the Cleanse

Okay, so I know I didn't update after around six or seven days on my cleanse master blog, because a) I was too busy and b) ... I just didn't want to. :|

So, what's the final say on the cleanse?

I think I feel better about it now that I'm off XD I lost, in total, around 11 lbs. and 2 1/2" off my waist. I do feel a lot happier, healthier, and cleaner, and I do have energy abound (enough to go through the "Night of a Thousand Cuts" at gumdo lessons and come out having hardly even lost my breath). I'll probably do it again sometime in the future... maybe in the beginning of May or June. It was really hard, but I'd do it again.

Now... onto the rest of my life...

The new semester started last week on Monday. My current classes are:

A1 - AP Art History
A2 - Mandarin Chinese 1
A3 - Art Foundations (TA)
A4 - AP Literature and Composition

B1 - AP Biology
B2 - Seminary/Release Time
B3 - AP U.S. Government
B4 - Advanced Web Page Design

... Yes, 4 AP classes. Plus web design is a college-level class as well. If I hadn't transferred into Art Foundations to TA, I'd still be stuck in Multimedia Design and Development, yet another college-level class.

But this way, I feel my classes are a little more balanced. I have two AP classes and two easy classes a day (Chinese is easy, since I seem to have a knack for picking up languages. My teacher even gave me an extra book to read today while everyone else worked on translating a page of characters). Now, as long as I can pull through with good grades to mid-May, I'm in the clear for graduating with high honours.

It also means I spend a lot of my free time studying though. =_=U At least, my free time at night. I find it easier to study at night because at that point I've run myself out of things to do, so I can settle down and actually work rather than being distracted.

I'm also spending a lot of time right now studying Japanese. I've gotten into the university, but I should be having an interview to get into a Japanese language dormitory in a few weeks. Though I'm pretty sure the interview won't be in Japanese, I'm still panicking and studying.

Part of my studying is translating stuff, in order to look at grammar, conjugation, particle use, vocabulary expansion, etc. I think I may post translations of songs sometime in the near future... maybe.

I've also figured out how to use my Japanese word processor now as well, so that's helping me speed things along as far as reading and translating go. Thank goodness for mistakes that actually teach you things.

So, that's my blurb for now. :P Off I go to work on some AP Gov stuff.

1 comment:

kailover said...

Wow! Sugoi! You're seriously the most dedicated and smartest person I've ever met. I'm almost jealous of the talent you have but I'm too busy being in awe to be jealous. Way to go, I can see you have an incredibly awesome life.