Monday, December 10, 2007

Ridiculously Ridiculous Morning

I love my car very much. It is a cherry-red '00 Taurus with leather seats and a lovely sound system, complete with CD player, owned by my kind and generous grandparents before they bought a new car. It has an electric keytab with all the nifty features - lock, unlock, horn, trunk open. I call it "Vincent", since my brother rejected the names "Eiji" and "Kikumaru" and even "Kikoman". I did try for "Bunta" but... well, that's another story.

But as I went out this morning to go to school, something was very wrong with Vincent. He wouldn't unlock when I pressed the magic button, and my keys wouldn't go all the way in. When I did somehow (miraculously) manage to unlock him, the doors wouldn't open.

It appeared poor Vincent had been frozen shut due to the astoundingly cold weather we've gotten in the past few days. All the doors were frozen solidly shut, though the trunk was not. Taking advantage of this fact, I attempted to climb into Vincent from the trunk (since the backseat of the car can open into the trunk). However, it appeared even the inside was frozen as I could not get the seat to budge.

Luckily, I have a very good father who came to my rescue. He bravely strode out into the frigid morning air, looked at Vincent for a second, and then proceeded to pound the living daylights out of Vincent's driver door with an iron fist.

The door opened, and I thanked my father as I retrieved my windshield scraper from the floor of the car to rid Vincent of the frost that covered all the windows. Only, the frost wouldn't come off. It seemed a little too fond of him - it just wouldn't go away.

I had to ponder for a second before I went inside and got a pitcher full of tepid water and flung it all over Vincent, having put the wipers on full-speed. That worked, so I threw it over the back windshield as well, put the pitcher back inside, and climbed into the car, ready to go.

Only, the very little bit of water remaining on the windshield froze solid as well.

It was a moment I thought I could laugh and then cry. It was absolutely ridiculous. How could this happen? I was innocently going to school - is it too hard for the world to work with me to help get me there? To add to the mounting ridiculousness, on the way to school an XL truck pulled out right in front of me. I did make it to school all right (thank goodness for reflexes), and it warmed up enough during the day so the ice melted by the time school was over. Still, point was taken. Violence and throwing water does solve problems.

Hurray for ridiculous mornings.

3 comments:

kailover said...

lol, I think all of us can understand what ridiculous mornings feel like. Fortunately mornings like this make all the other peaceful mornings a moment to pause and think about how grateful you are it's not a ridiculous morning. Just wait until one of these peaceful mornings come along and take the moment to think about that. It'll make it all worth it. ;)

yusahana6323 said...

Yes, I suppose so. I just had to share how ridiculous it was. Heck, even I laughed at it eventually. XDD I just had to give it a few days.

Anonymous said...

Awww...
But good thing Vincent's alright. I remember how much you love that car.
And I am somewhat glad that I take a bus to school, so that any bad stuff can be blamed on someone else! Muahahaha...
Iknow, I'm evil.
~TAM