Thursday, December 13, 2007

Get the grades, lose something more precious...?

My grades have raised up to a somewhat-satisfactory level, finally, weeks after my single day of absence... on my easy, B-day of school. One day gone, and all my grades in those classes dropped to C's. Finally, they're edging back up into the B's.

However, this means that I can't afford to miss even one day of school for the rest of the term. Think: if B-day was my easy day, and my grades dropped that low after missing one day, what would it be like to miss one A-day, where I have two AP classes and one college-level media class?

This means that I can't go to my great-grandmother's memorial service, which is taking place this weekend. The rest of my family will be going, and I will be staying to ensure my grades don't dip back down that low just weeks before the end of term, when they will be completely unsalvageable.

It's really sad that I can't afford to miss even one day of school, especially for something this important to me. This is my great-grandma we're talking about... the great-grandma that lived to be 101 years old. I didn't get to see her much, since we lived so far apart, but she's still a part of me, and I remember the little time I did get to have with her fondly. She was a very big role model to me, through her optimistic and outgoing, faithful personality. Now she's gone, and I can't even go to bid her my last good-bye.


It seems like an unfair trade, doesn't it?

4 comments:

Becky and Joseph said...

We will miss you! I'm sorry you are unable to go. *hugs*

yusahana6323 said...

Thanks. I hope you guys are safe. *hug*

kailover said...

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, she sounded like a wonderful person. I know how important it is to be somewhere that your heart wants to be and to be in school, which will further your future. Just remember that not being at her funeral doesn't mean that you can't still pay your respect to her. I personally believe that you'll be showing the love and respect you have for her by remembering her from time to time and never forgetting the part she had in your life. I give you my condolences and hope for happier things to happen soon.

Anonymous said...

YES!!! YES IT DOES!!!
School is so insensative!!
How the heck could your grades slip to C's in one day?! You teachers are evil.

I'm so sorry about your Great-Grandma,sweetie. But she knows you're there in spirit.