Sunday, October 31, 2010

WTF...

So... it's my mom's parents' 50th anniversary in a couple of weeks. For a present, my aunt had an idea for everyone in the family to write a little something, and we'd compile it all into a book to give to my grandparents to show them how all of us appreciate their marriage.


Since I've been really busy being sick and writing papers, and since I have memory deficiency and I don't remember much, I just wrote a short little bit about trips that the family used to take down to Lake Powell when I was younger. It was when the family was not quite so big, and I mentioned how nice it was to just have that close and bonding experience. I sent it off to my aunt. I got this back from her (copy and pasted straight from Gmail):


"I don't know if you were mad with me or if you are unhappy with something that I've done or said. I actually read your letter today and I couldn't tell if it was reflective of your feelings of me or our family in general. I felt bad that with all the memories you would have of Grandma and Grandpa and all they've done that this is what you want published in a book for Grandpa to read on his 50th wedding anniversary. This is meant for them...Grandma and Grandpa...as a way of seeing what their union has meant to each of us, not as a way to come forward with personal issues towards members of our family. Let me know if you would like to put any more thought into it."




WTF woman.




So I wrote another one. Hopefully this one seems "nicer" to her. Otherwise I will just not be in the book, which is a damn shame to everyone except for me, I guess. But if she's going to take personal offense at everything I do (not unusual for that side of the family), so be it.


I guess that's just the way I'll always be to them.

No comments: