Wednesday, October 6, 2010

What I Need to Work On.

Accepting help.

I've been saying it for a long time, but it's only in the last little while people have been telling me, "We're trying to help, but you won't let us."


I'm going to start telling myself, before I react to offers of help or anything like it, that it's okay to accept help.

I guess I've just been going so long without taking help that I don't know what to do.



So I'm going to start saying, "It's okay. Let them help." and then accept it as best I can.


It'll be a struggle, but it will be better for me if I humble myself and let people take care of me, because I really can't take care of myself.




I'm not one of these people that wants to always be a dependent. I don't want to rely on people all my life, I don't want to live in my family's house, I don't want to always have to be getting help to get through life. I want to be an independent person that can take care of myself.

But now is clearly not a time I'm able to do that.




I'm going to accept help.

Even if it's going to be struggle for me.

I don't want to keep making the people that care about me worry anymore.

No comments: