Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sick.

So last night, I was attempting to go to sleep, feeling very awake and anxious. I was experiencing the wonderful swelling flush of the niacin tablet I had taken (good times, everyone, you should try it) when sudden stabbing pain began ripping at my lower abdomen.

I figured it would go away, but it kept coming, harder and more painful. I went to the bathroom, where my body purged itself several times before I could stagger back to my room and try to climb up on my bed. At this point I was in so much pain I was writhing around to try to ease my muscles.

My roommates came in at one in the morning to see if I was okay, and after watching me, one went to get painkillers while the other called my home teachers to come and give me a blessing. My teachers came at one thirty and entered my room (against university contract, but I couldn't move because I was in too much pain) to give me a blessing.

I managed to hold still as they were blessing me, though I was still experiencing a pain like someone shoving a knife up into me from between my legs and through my stomach and back. When they had finished, they gave my roommates instructions to call if I needed any more help before they left. My roommates decided that if I wasn't feeling better within a half hour, they were going to take me to the hospital.

Luckily, the pain subsided quickly after that, and I spent the rest of the night drifting in and out of sleep, weak and sore with a turbulent stomach.

That's why I'm writing this blog instead of being in class right now.



I never would have thought to call my home teachers, but for my roommates it was one of the first things they asked me. I'm glad they had the faith and the belief to do that, because I do believe that blessing is what made me feel as good as I do now. I'm still sick, but I'm not writhing around in pain.

I don't know what's wrong with me, but if it comes back, it's good to know people of faith are willing to help me exercise mine.

1 comment:

Domestic Goddess said...

I have such a testimony of blessings. They have seen me through a lot.
Glad you have good roommates.