Sunday, September 18, 2011

Japan, Week 5.

The week where stuff crashed a bit. D:

 

 

Taylor was suddenly called to go down south to Tokushima on Shikoku (a whole different island) and he’ll be there for about a month. I am missing the companionship a lot, but life goes on.

 

I did a lot of work this week, so there aren’t many pictures for now… this is what I’ve got.

 

 

 

It sounds so ominous……

 

 

I got the recording part! :D I’ll be recording three storybook stories, and I’ll also be credited as the translator. I’m very excited! I’ll be going to a real studio and everything. That will be in two weeks. Otanoshimi ni~
(Everyone at the office insists on making things difficult on themselves and spelling my name the English way instead of just writing it in kanji, haha…)

 

 

Creeeeeeeperrrrr

 

 

Here is a poster to lighten your day. No touching schoolgirls or any girls under 20, because they are underage and your crime will be punished.
I’m so glad this was posted up for everyone to see O_o But it’s that big a problem.

 

 

 

Everyone went on trips last week, so I got a lot of omiyage at the office:

 

Takoyaki-flavoured senbei (rice crackers). Here, there are regular sauce and mayo-takoyaki ones. There was another one that I think was barbeque sauce…

 

 

This one was a manjuu with roughly-ground an. Quite good, and the package was pretty~

 

 

Sapporo curry crisps. These were super-spicy! ∬°Д°∬

 

 

Hakata You~ This was a manjuu with a sweet filling. I’m not sure what the filling was, but it was very good, and it was my favourite of the omiyage from this week :D

 

 

 

 

Daily life.

 

 

This is what my breakfast generally is: yogurt with some blueberry (or strawberry) jam and cornflakes.
But now I’m out of yogurt so it will just be cornflakes for awhile xD;; Until I feel like unsweetened yogurt again.

 

 

Fried rice with lots of vegetable matter! Also with beef. Why beef? Because beef was on sale bigtime (it was like… ¥99 for a pound) and I was in need of some rich protein since I hadn’t had any in weeks. It’s hard to tell just how much rice this was from the picture but it was -a ton- of rice. I made it Friday night and I will probably be eating the leftovers for another day or two. It reheats really nicely and is good with some Japanese mayo and okonomiyaki sauce~ Plus it has a ton of vegetation in it xD Onions, lettuce, cabbage, carrots, corn, and peas.

 

 

Then I went out and finally bought some much-needed household items. Because you never realise just how much you need them until you don’t have them.

 

The cutest one was this little broom set I got at the Daiso. My kitchen isn’t very big so I only needed a little hand broom. Look at how happy it is!

 

 

I also got a couple of new bentou so that I didn’t have to wash my one every night. One is the same style and pattern as my first one, only bigger, and the other is a new pattern and colour with little sakura and doves. Aww.

 

 

THE BIGGEST NEWS IS THIS:

 

My Gazeposter that came with REMEMBER THE URGE is now in a frame! And it looks so nice~
(I only wish they hadn’t used the stock photo… xD But it’s still very nice)

 

 

It’s up on the wall also, so now my living room feels a bit more personal and more like home.
I’ll be getting a poster with TOXIC also, so I’ll have to decide if I want to get another frame or just replace this one. But we’ll have to see what it looks like first. x3

 

 

The other wall is my Wasuremono wall. Wasuremono ga ooi! I tape everything up on this wall that I need to remember, because otherwise I’ll forget. For now, I have all my course contracts up, my address and the company’s address, my schedule for the month, my paperwork reminders, reminders for what I need to pack every day, my receipt for the GazettE concert, and chore charts and such.

 

 

Here is my “chore chart”, so that I will remember to tidy up.
”Hurry up and do it! A clean house is the best house!”

 

 

Also yesterday I tried a little something with my hair. I’m no good at cornrows so I faked it out and just did some twists up. I did them bigger so I could get used to it, but I think they look kind of cool, so next time I’ll make them a bit smaller and give that a try. Also I’ll make sure I angle them all the same way so I don’t get two colliding like I did this time.
(Also don’t laugh at the bobby pins this is my first time using them)

 

 

 

 

I’ve been feeling really weak and tired all this week, and it’s sort of built up until now. I had a hard time earlier today, and I got sick of being inside and my mind wandering back to my life in America, which I don’t really want anything to do with right now and haven’t for some time, so I got up and went on an hour and a half-long walk around Hatogaya.

I didn’t really go anywhere new and I took maybe half an hour of that browsing through stores just to see what was there, but it was nice to get up and blast my music really  loud while I was on the street. I’ve been needing that for awhile, so now I feel a bit refreshed and settled.

Pictures.

 

 

 

 

It got dark pretty quickly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I wanted to get a parfait to celebrate making it to my first paycheck, but I didn’t find any that looked good that weren’t basically all coffee, so I decided to break into this instead:

 

 

A gigantic bottle of ginger ale.

 

 

 

 

That’s it for last week. This week has two national holidays, so I have tomorrow off and I have Friday off. I think I might go explore around one of the free tube stops I have between here and work for awhile before I come back and do some homework. Friday, I’ll be going to Shinjuku and maybe Akihabara with a friend. I’ll also be deciding in the next day or two if I’ll be getting myself a ticket to opening day of Venomous Cell, since it happens to fall on a holiday (if I spoke Japanese I would have noticed that sooner and got a fanclub seating ticket to it. As it stands I didn’t because I’m a dumbface).

 

( *`ω´)ゞ

No comments: