Sunday, September 4, 2011

Japan, week 3.

And here – we – go.

 

 

 

 

Actually not much happened this week, mainly because of work.

 

Taylor and I have been claimed by the planning department of the company… meaning that we get a lot of deskwork. xD We did a lot of translation and input for the department the five days we were there.

At the same time, we’re being trained for test administration. This is a test unique to the company to gauge their teaching methods. It looks like it will be a lot of fun once we actually start giving the tests, but there’s a lot to study in the meantime. Our first test is on Friday this week.

Also, I have been chosen to submit recordings for storybook DVDs. Apparently my voice will end up on some children’s storybook DVD at some point… or that is the plan, anyway. I will keep you all updated on that!

 

 

Here is my desk.

 

 

With translating work going on.

 

 

This is the storybook I might get to narrate! ( *`ω´)

 

 

 

SUPPUG!
(The Japanese word for “sour” is “suppai”, so they made a horrible pun with a pug. xD)

 

 

Also apparently Sprite makes you REALLY happy if you’re Japanese.

 

 

I’ve basically had prepackaged dollar-store curry for dinner/lunch for the past two weeks.
Yes, I am that poor/Japan is that expensive.

 

 

Broke the monotony with egg-fried rice one night.
Just egg and rice, nothing else.

 

 

 

Also dollar-store prepackaged donburi topping.
It’s not bad, but… it’s dollar store food. xD
AGAIN, EXPENSIVE.

 

 

 

I’ve been really sick the past few days. I’ve spent the entire weekend just in bed (which I threw down from the loft so I don’t have to climb up and down the ladder every time I needed to get a drink/whatever) and watching movies, trying to breathe and get stuff done. I’m feeling a bit better today, but I’m still pretty sick.

 

 

I did the Japanese thing and wore a face mask to work on Friday.
Everyone acted as if this was really strange, so now I’m doubting that it’s really how you’re supposed to do it…
THOUGH I’VE SEEN EVERYONE ELSE IN JAPAN DO IT SO. WHAT.
Also my hair is down and ugly because I can’t do it nicely.

 

 

I made some rice porridge with what was left of some rice I made earlier in the week.
Ah… it’s comforting.

 

 

Taylor is military personnel, and he went to an on-base store yesterday and brought me this:

PEANUT BUTTEERRRRRR
AND KETCHUP REAL KETCHUP
OMGGGGGGG HOW I HAVE MISSED THESE TWO THINGS
(TAYLOR TELL ME HOW MUCH IT IS SO I CAN PAY YOU BACK FOO)

 

 

 

The biggest thing that happened this week:

REMEMBER THE URGE came out, and I even got it a day early!

 

Unfortunately I didn’t get a lottery ticket to enter to go to one of the signing sessions… so I’ve been sitting here all day very sad while the music gods of my life are just a few miles away. ;____;

But I still got a poster with the CD! (Which I will take a picture of when it is framed because otherwise it is rolled up)

 

It’s a pretty good single. Unlike VORTEX, however, it was more similar to their 2010 singles in that I didn’t like the title track as much as I liked the B-sides (which, on RTU, are absolutely amazing). REMEMBER THE URGE itself isn’t a bad song, and I am pretty fond of it… I simply don’t like it as much as the other two.

Again the GazettE stick with their theme of writing about happenings in the world. REMEMBER THE URGE itself appears to be about some rather sensitive issues (watch the PV, you’ll catch on very fast). My favourite track from the single, "CLEVER MONKEY”, is one of many songs that are anti-idol. “Chijou” is a lovely and heavy ballad about dangerous blind passion, and Ruki has said that he is really looking forward to showing the fans the exact meaning of this song during the upcoming tour, so I am all the more excited for it. (Or should I be? I should probably be worried about what he’s going to be doing xD)

 

It’s just over a month until the new album comes out, so I will wait patiently in the meantime.

 

(I still miss my guitar now T_____T)

 

 

 

This week, I am off to teach at a summer camp for a girls’ school! Updates on that next weekend!

 

 

 

 

BON:CRA-Z.

No comments: