Sunday, December 5, 2010

Rantypants.

I love my roommates. Really, I do. I know that everyone that talks to me probably doesn't think I do, but I do.

 

So if they happen to find this blog, they should know that I don't hate them, I'm just letting off some steam. I know they do it for me, too.

 

 

 

 

Number one, why is it so hard to just run the dishwasher at the end of the day? They throw a hissy fit whenever I try to run the dishwasher when it's not so packed full of dishes you can't even push the racks in and out. They would rather use everything that can be put into the washer ever before running it. I'm sorry, but I like having plates and bowl and cups and utensils to eat with. I like waking up in the morning and not having to wash my own bowl when I'm in a hurry to get to class on time.

 

I promise you, it's not that hard, it's not going to be the end of the world, and it's not that I hate you or want to make you waste your money (doesn't dishwashing detergent last a couple of months?). I just want to eat like a civilized human being. And have a clean kitchen.

 

It's not that hard. I'm not asking that much. Clean up after yourself, put the dishes through the dishwasher. The Earth will not spiral off into the sun if we have clean dishes every morning. Promise. If I turn out to be wrong and the Earth suddenly does hurtle off into the sun because we ran the dishwasher tonight, well, I'll be dead, and I guess I'll get what's coming to me, won't I?

 

 

 

 

Number two, if you're going to do makeup, please do it in bits and pieces, especially since you two seem to have all the time in the world. Other people need to use the bathroom and the sink. Namely me. And I don't take very long. I don't take an hour to put on makeup. If I wash my face, pluck a few eyebrow hairs, and put on my eyeliner and mascara, I take maybe five minutes. Six tops. If I feel like doing Rukippoi, I take maybe ten or twelve minutes. That's all I require for makeup. Oh, and maybe twenty minutes to do my hair, thirty if I'm really paying attention to what I'm doing.

 

So you see, I can do things in bits and pieces and still be done completely getting ready for the day before you've even finished putting on your makeup. If you really need to do it all at once and take an hour for it, use my handmirror. It's free for you to use. But I want to be able to use the sink that I'm paying for and I want to be able to use the mirror and have that pass to pass through to get to the toilet and the bathtub. Please.

 

And while I'm talking about it, how does one person take all the hot water for an apartment of four girls? You don't need a shower that long, I promise you. Sure, I take maybe ten minutes and I'm not saying you need to do that, but you don't have to be in there for an hour and a half using all the hot water, especially since all of us need to get ready to go places. Take half an hour at most, please.

 

Can anyone even imagine the number of days I wasn't ready for class because I wake up and someone's in the shower for two hours, and I'm too gross and smelly to go out until I shower? And then I have to wait an hour for the hot water to come back because SOMEHOW one person used all the hot water for our apartment and probably the neighbours', too. WTF. CONSERVATION. YOU DON'T NEED A TWO HOUR SHOWER.

 

 

 

 

Finally, storage. It's kind of funny to come back from the weekend at Lashy's house to see that my room has become the storage room. Except for it's really not that funny. I know that this isn't my entire room, I know that half of it belongs to another girl who isn't here and that's fine. But does anyone have the decency to ask, "Hey, can I still these huge boxes of food and other stuff in here? It's only going to get in your way." Nope, they just throw stuff in and think I'm not going to mind.

 

But I do, because this is my room. Again, it's not entirely my room, but it is my room. I don't go into your room and throw stuff in there that I don't want to keep in my room, and I'm constantly tempted to just stick my guitars in their room and say, "You didn't seem to think that taking my space was bad, so I figured I would just take some of your space because, you know, yours is kind of getting in my way." It is so annoying to be in here trying to study with all my stuff spread out so I can easily access it to have someone come tromping in here all around me and on my stuff so that they can get a can of beans, or maple syrup, or their portfolio or whatever.

 

I wouldn't even care, if they had simply asked, "Hey, can we use some of the space in there?" But they didn't. They just put stuff in here. My room is their own personal storage room. And they have no respect for my things. I came back this morning to see that someone had set something on top of some posters I had carefully rolled up and tucked away somewhere where heavy stuff would not be put on top of them.

 

If you're going to intrude my space without asking, at least have some respect for my things. It is my room, after all. You don't see me going into your place and stepping all over your things and laksdhglkasjdlfkasdjljf.

 

 

 

 

Okay, rantiness is over. I think.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Now for a happy moment courtesy the GazettE.

 

 

No comments: