Tuesday, December 14, 2010

ご冥福をお祈りいたします。

This is going to be a very difficult rest of the month.


My grandmother passed away on Saturday after years of being unable to move, speak, or eat. It was her time, but I will still miss her. I pray for your happiness on the other side (ご冥福をお祈りいたします) The viewing is tonight and the funeral is tomorrow morning.


Finals started this week. I took my geology final yesterday, will take my world religions final in a couple of hours, and I have my Japanese reading final tomorrow after the funeral. After that, I'll come back to my apartment, pack, and clean my room in case someone comes to see it out of interest of buying while I'm away.


On Thursday morning I'm driving with my family down to California for about a week, where I will have doctor's appointments and have to deal with my grieving and emotional mother, something I am not looking forward to. I am hoping and praying that this time, I can go to Little Tokyo and enjoy myself for a bit.


We're driving back up the next Tuesday or Wednesday, after which will follow my long work streak. I'll be working the 23-26th, including Christmas Eve and Christmas morning, and then around New Year's (not such a big deal) all while trying to get ready for the next semester to start.



I'm grateful for the work, honestly, because I really need a chance to get away from my family. I feel bad for my mom, but I can't deal with her especially when she is in this state. I need some time to myself to think and recuperate and have some quiet.



I'm also hoping that my contract for my apartment will be sold in the weeks to come, because I can't really afford to live here. If not, I guess I'll just have to suck it up and keep living the way I have. It's unenjoyable, but that's the way it is.






I really don't know the purpose of this post.


I'm tired.

1 comment:

Kumiko said...

I feel very sorry that your grandmother passed away. May her soul rest in peace. It seems you need quiet rest now.Your Japanese is so good.