Tuesday, November 8, 2011

the GazettE Tour ‘11 VENOMOUS CELL at Ōmiya Sonic City, Day 1

I WENT.

 

 

This one was a bit tricky because I was in Ibaraki in the morning for work. ( ̄∇ ̄) So I was up at six, worked from 8:40 until 11:30, took a bus back to Tokyo, arrived at 14:30, went to the office to get my NEW!!!! schedule, got back to Saitama at 16h which gave me just enough time to shower, change my clothes, and cram a sandwich into my mouth before I was out the door to get to Ōmiya by 18h for seating.

And I just barely made it xD Had no clue where Sonic City was so I followed an Aoi cosplayer I saw lololol worked very well.

I was in row 12, seat 23, which was directly in front of Aoi and Reita and just as close to the stage as I was at Hachiōji. And I sat right behind rawkstarr23, who is very lovely and who I was a jerk to online long before this live so that was sad for me xD;; I’M SORRY STARR PLEASE DO NOT HATE ME. I need to work on my “not being a jerk unintentionally” thing. Anyway. It was nice to meet her and see her in real life, she is a very nice person. :3 And I hope we can be friends (at least a bit).

 


Again, the picture does no justice to show you just how close it was. The GFC people were in row 8 (the red hair on the right edge was one of them) and super, super close. I’m so jealous xD;;
(Dear Apple, I know you can have way better cameras in your iTouches. Stop being douches and give us decent quality cameras kthx)

 

 

 

The setlist was:

SE.INFUSE INTO
VENOMOUS SPIDER'S WEB
SLUDGY CULT
VORTEX
THE SUICIDE CIRCUS
MY DEVIL ON THE BED
13STAIRS[-]1
RUTHLESS DEED
痴情 (Chijou)
UNTITLED
AGONY
CLEVER MONKEY
VERMIN
HEADACHE MAN
Filth in the beauty
PSYCHOPATH
TOMORROW NEVER DIES
SE.OMEGA


-EN-
Ride with the ROCKERS
REMEMBER THE URGE
A MOTH UNDER SKIN
Hyena
COCKROACH
LINDA~candydive pinky heaven~

-EN 2-
関東土下座組合 (Kantou Dogeza Kumiai)

 

 

I am getting more impressed with these guys each time I come. They’re very well-seasoned, know exactly what to do and how to do it, but still enjoy themselves the whole time. The timing for some of these songs (especially for starting RUTHLESS DEED) is impeccable. Very, very impressive. HOW DO THEY DO IT. HAIL THE STAGE MAGIC.

Again I went in with the intent to watch everyone, and I had a bit more success – I watched Reita and Aoi a lot, but was still very drawn to Ruki and his ridiculous stage presence. Uruha still has none for me (though he is fun to watch, when I managed to go “o hei”), and though I could see Kai this time… I paid him almost no attention 8C Sorry Kai. I do love you and your drumming so. Everyone else is just much more fun. xD;;

I think that compared to the crowd at Hachiōji, tonight’s was pretty lukewarm. Very few people seemed to really be getting into doing anything, and though the band clearly enjoyed it and thought it was all right (we did get two encores), I was standing next to people who simply stood and watched, and even really wanting to get way into the live, having that sort of atmosphere on one side really took my energy level down. Funny how that happens.

Once again Ruki was very cute and very soulful during the MCs… which were few this time around. During the first encore, since this was the first of two days at Ōmiya, he asked how many of us would be there the next day. I didn’t catch exactly how many raised their hands, but probably about a third of the people in the first fifteen rows did. Ruki said, “Crap!” when he saw that, haha. “Crap! You’re going to be seeing the same thing. We’ll need to change something. Maybe we’ll get new clothes or something.” lol His voice wasn’t as good this time around, and it sounds like he’s been sick and everyone’s worrying that he’s going to get really ill again like last year… please rest properly in between lives, Ruki. Please don’t make everyone worry like that again.

There was really no member interaction onstage during the main part of the live this time (though I thought Ruki was going to go over and smack Uru with his pimp cane a couple of times haha). Aoi was a live wire though, doing all his little dancings around, lots of hip waving and thrusting and seductive stuff. He would run his hands over his face and neck and through his hair, and during MY DEVIL ON THE BED he was… yeah, he was just making love to the crowd xD With all his flailing dances. (A lot of girls were making fun of it as we were calling for encores, haha) Also he did not wear his skirt out for the encore, he kept his shiny pants, which was kind of sad, especially since I was near a girl who was cosplaying that outfit… but he looked all the better for it haha.

It looks like it’s official that PSYCHOPATH will be replacing DISCHARGE, at least for the rest of this tour and probably the next one. Which is fine, because they are pretty similar in almost all respects. Even as much as I’m sure they love DISCHARGE, and all the fans love it, after five or six years I would want to change it up too. I’m glad I got it last time, just for the experience and since it’s pretty much live gold, but I don’t mind if it’s laid to rest for a little while.

 

Highlights!

*Reita plays slap bass during CLEVER MONKEY. Watching him do that is the most orgasmic thing I’ve ever seen in my life. SO HOT and super impressive.

*Reita during 13STAIRS [-] 1 was also super orgasmic. He was crouched down, bass across his lap, looking like he was about to lunge off and tackle someone.

*Ruki brought a candle out for UNTITLED and set it on the front platform, and blew it out when the song was over.

*During LINDA, Reita did his spinny thing over to Uruha once again, who watched him, and when he finished spinning, they faced off and brandished fists at each other and had a little mock-fight before Reita went running off again. It looked like Uruha was telling Reita he was going to beat him up haha.

*Kai came out for the first encore wearing glasses, and Reita made fun of him for it xD.

*When Kai was doing his MC during the first encore, someone shouted something at him (I couldn’t make out what it was), but he said, “Oh, thanks” to them lol.

*I think Ruki and Reita ran into each other during the headbanging part during LINDA, because when I came up from a headbang they were laughing and spinning around. After that song was finished Ruki walked past Reita and grabbed his butt as he went xD

*It looked like Kai tore his snare drum during REMEMBER THE URGE, because during the MC after the number he had taken the drum off and was handing it to an aide, and he put a new one down in its place x3

*At the start of the second encore, before Ruki had come out, Aoi walked over to Reita and played a line of some song I don’t know. Reita laughed (you could see it from his eyes lol) and pointed to Aoi (so we all applauded).

*When he came out for the second encore, Ruki said, “I told you that was the last one!” haha.

*Ruki fed Uruha a water bottle during Kantou~. xD

*Aoi and Uruha had a conversation during Kantou, and then Aoi went over and had a conversation with Kai xD PLAY YOUR GUITAR MAN

*During Kantou~, Ruki climbed up onto one of the platforms Reita was leaning against, went over, and wrapped his arm around Reita’s shoulders. Reita put an arm around his waist and they sat there like that for a moment before Reita outright hugged Ruki xD And there was much screaming. And then Ruki used Reita’s head as an armrest for awhile and Reita just sat there playing until he jumped up and knocked Ruki’s arm away lol. Super cute.

*Near the end of Kantou~, Aoi hid behind Reita and popped out on either side of him for a few minutes. Reita turned but didn’t catch him doing it lol.

 

 

 

 

My headphones decided to die the moment I got off the bus so I had no choice but to go home in silence again, which was just fine because it was sacred again, another round of thinking and enjoying the soothing of the night and my thoughts from the live.

 

 

Kai has addressed the concern it sounds like a lot of people (admittedly including myself) have about the final. Since it’s called “OMEGA”, lots of people have been thinking that this will be the end of the band. Though I don’t really believe that, it comes to mind every now and then that maybe this is the end, just little thoughts like, “OMEGA is a pretty heavy title, even knowing that it’s a track from the album…”. However, Kai updated after this live saying that that is not the case, that everyone is thinking too much and there are no plans for the band to break up. Thank you, Kai. x3

 

 

 

Again this has been one of the best experiences of my life. I truly enjoyed myself, I feel good, I feel inspired. It’s really a dream come true to see them not just once, but twice, and to be going to see them a third time later today.

I’m truly very grateful for this opportunity, and I’m grateful for them and how they’ve changed me.

 

 

 

 

 


Took this one as we were calling for the first encore. I know some Japanese people looked at me weird but everyone else was doing it on their phones, lol.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(Completely unrelated: I have decided on what my new ringtone will be as soon as I get back to the US. Fear.)

No comments: